Quite possibly the MOST retarted thing I have ever heard....
This IS the dumbest thing I have ever heard. In this day and age? I had to re read the post several times just to make sure that I read it correctly. I would LOVE an explination from the author as to why we aren't capable enough to run the country??
Unfortunately there is a large percent of the population who feel the same way, but don't always say so. Some people are just firm believers in "women's work" and "men's work"(regardless of the changing times). There are many countries with female leaders, and they don't appear to be in shambles. I would love to see a woman as president in my lifetime.(although I have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton will be that woman.)
I don't agree with her assessment that a woman can't run this country. There have been many influential woman in history and present day that have ruled and done a great job.
However saying that, I do think the individual who made the comments she was lucky or whatever for having 2 boys and was probably raising sexist boys was uncalled for IMO....
I think we all are exposed to comments when we post, but our families should be off limits. Again JMO...
I agree with you that it is indeed retarded, and can't see why sexism should be viewed as acceptable b/c it's "just someone's opinion" or "being old-fashioned", but racism, which is essentially the same thing (judging a group of people based on something beyond their control) is not.
How is saying a women won't make a good president any different/more acceptable than saying that a black man shouldn't be president? Or a latino?
I woman maybe able to run the government. But definately not THAT (Clinton) woman... I won't vote against her because she's a woman, simply because I don't like any thing she stands for. :)
I don't think a woman president would be good for our country, not right now, especially not Clinton. We have way too much shit to work on before we get the first woman president. Just my opinion, and it is America... so I'm entitled to it.
As a side note.. I can't remember who said it... but there have been ALOT of influential woman in our time, but if America was ready for a female president, then maybe females should fight in war. Yes, they go to Iraq and Afganistan. Yes, they do sometimes get injured. But, at the end of the day... they aren't allowed to literally "fight" for America or engage in battle. Why the hell would I want a woman president running this country AND control of our military?
I think women can do anything they want to, but I know that I don't want a woman running this country anytime soon. Of course I'll tell my daughter that she can be anything she wants to be, because hopefully when that day comes there will be more overall acceptance for a woman in power.
I hope all that made sense, although it wasn't very well written.... short on time, but wanted to add my two cents!
My understanding it that it's not the lack of desire that keeps them from fighting, it's the system that they belong to that keeps them from fighting. I don't think it lessens them or their efforts because they aren't on the 'front lines'. They can still wind up as casualties in the war. They still miss out on family, holidays and the comforts of home. I hope there is a day when we can have woman for president. I also hope that the good ol' boys won't try to shut her down, probably to prove some point, so that she can be effective. I don't think Hillary is that woman though.
You said, and I quote: "As a side note.. I can't remember who said it... but there have been ALOT of influential woman in our time, but if America was ready for a female president, then maybe females should fight in war. Yes, they go to Iraq and Afganistan. Yes, they do sometimes get injured. But, at the end of the day... they aren't allowed to literally "fight" for America or engage in battle. Why the hell would I want a woman president running this country AND control of our military? "
I was the one who said that there has been alot of influential woman in history. Having said that, I don't make the decisions on who fights and where in war, so that has nothing to do with my reasons. I agree that if a woman wants to have the same rights as a man than she should be able to step up and fight too! Im all for it! So your reasoning went NO WHERE with my comments. My Sil served a tour in Iraq and feared for her life daily when she was sitting up top in a cravan being shot at, worried about road side bombs just like the guys next to her. Maybe I should share with her she "Literally wasn't allowed to fight" and her gun was for decoration, oh and lets not forget my neice is on her second tour too.
The person who said "call me old fashioned" was out of line. It sure is old fashioned, and it sucks that there are many ppl who feel that a woman could not be president, just for the fact that she has a vagina.
That is diff than saying THAT woman shouldn't be prez, or that a woman shouldn't be prez right now b/c of what's going on in the world.
The poster that called her sexist was correct, and I agree with her assessment. It may be a low blow, but its right on.
All that being said, if Hillary is the Dem nominee, she will be getting my vote, b/c I think she can do a better job than any of the Republican candidates (unless that candidate is Ron Paul). :) In the primary, she won't be getting my vote.
Didn't this same woman basically blame Hillary for Bill's infidelity b/c she wasn't at home where she belonged? That's what I heard and if it's true then...wow.
I don't dislike Hillary. (Whoever has been doing her makeup works miracles!) But I'm not sure if I want her to be president. Just like I don't dislike Obama, but frankly the two of them are fighting like petty children.
I am too tired to debate on anything about politics right now. But I have to agree with MrsJar about women in the military. I do not want to tell my 22 yr old cousin that she means and/or has meant nothing over in Iraq for her tour.(over a year) I cringed at the pics she sent to all of us with those big oozies (however ya spell it) and let me tell you when we did not get the phone calls her parents and all of her fam were praying and hoping that she was alive and well.
So Anon; please do not put down women they may not go into full combat but they are serving their life to make your a better one. I may not support the war I most def support the troops!!!!!!!!!!
Are you fucking SHITTING me Anon? And the fact that you say you aren't prejudice is only half right- you are probably only 50% prejudice, but 100% stupid.
Oh yes....Obama is a part of some massive Muslim conspiracy to bring down the US. 'Cause, you know, all Muslims are extremists who want to blow America the fuck up. Hey, did you know that Pamela Anderson is also part of this? She was secretly kidnapped the last time she crossed the American/Canadian border, her implants removed and replaced by explosive devices, which will detonate the moment Obama gets into office to take out Los Angeles.
"To me the most RETARDED concept I've ever heard of is even considering voting for a man named:
Barrack Hussein Obama
No, I'm not prejudice I'm a freaking realist. Wake up America!
All of our candidates suck but don't put a man that was raised and schooled as a Muslim extremist in office! He's a wolf in sheep's skin!
The Muslin Extremist have always said they'd take us out from the inside. Wake up you smart ladies!"
You are a fucking idiot. And yes, I can say that b/c you obviously haven't done any research. Hell, you haven't even read the Obama posts just from this blog! You ARE a racist, no matter what you may think. He is not a Muslim and was not brought up as a Muslim extremist. And even if he was Muslim...SO WHAT! Do you know anything about what it means to be a Muslim??? No. Why? Because you're a racist idiot. Do your fucking homework before you start spouting your ignorant and hateful lies.
I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet, but I think its EXTREMELY exciting that we have a female candidate and a man of color as candidates. Our country prides itself on being a melting pot, why do all of our presidents have to be white males?
I think it's great, great, great! May the best man or woman win.
so much for an open debate ... if you disagree with someone say so, but have enough respect for freedom of speech to save the name calling and ugliness - everyone has right to their opinion, the fun comes in the debate not showing your ignorance in name calling.
I want to apologize for my language, but IMHO that kind of bigoted ignorance warrants the harsh language. I also want to correct that perhaps Anon is not a racist (though I'm guessing likely), but in fact a bigot. And it scares me that my daughter will still have to grow up in a world where people like Anon roam freely and spread their hatred. This smart lady will be bringing her up in a loving and educated household.
Emily - what scares me is people of your age and name calling - does that teach your daughter anything?
I would clean up "my own backyard" before picking at others, so to speak. Let her speak her peace - I don't agree with it either, but is HER opinion and she is free to it. Just because you disagree doesn't make your position any stronger with name calling - no one is gonna respect your opion, nor are you going to win anyone over to your "side" or opinion and really, isn't that the point of a educated debate?
"so much for an open debate ... if you disagree with someone say so, but have enough respect for freedom of speech to save the name calling and ugliness - everyone has right to their opinion, the fun comes in the debate not showing your ignorance in name calling."
I'm going to assume some of that was directed at me. I have full respect for freedom of speech (hence my freedom to call her a fucking idiot) but with that freedom comes responsibility and consequences. Anon posted blatent lies about BO and as a consequence, I called her a bigoted idiot. Her statements were indeed ignorant and while I possibly could have chosen different words, the fact remains that she chose to freely post bold faced lies. There is no debate when the basis of one side is fabricated bigoted lies. Just my thoughts...
Oh, and my decision to apologize for my harsh language was done before your post, just so people know. They were approved at the same time, I guess.
ROFLMAO @ Emily. If she is wrong with what she said about BO why not show us proof? Your response is more ignorant than her original post and has just as little "proof" to back up what you are saying .. FYI - as far as her reading what was posted here, I hate to break the news to you, but just 'cause someone posts here, does NOT make it truth. Do your OWN research. From what I have read, what she posted is true - SHOW ME I AM WRONG!! Don't just get angry because you disagree and not back it up with proof. I often find ignorance is exposed with anger like yours.
Thanks anony. That says it is false, but offers no proof, who publishes that sight? Are they unbiased or are they biased? You certainly cannot tell by reading it. As is seen on this website and many, many others, anything can and is published on both sides of any arguement, I am looking for proof positive.
My point is simply this. Anyone can read and believe and repeat what ever they want. Nothing is 100% accurate on the internet, not even our beloved and trusted national news chains.
No one should be belittled for their beliefs. We all have the right to say what we have read, seen, heard and believe, without the nasty name calling of angry bigots with no facts to back them up.
What is it that you are looking for as proof? What reference or web page would be considered a reliable source by you? And what aids you in your determination of a sources validity?
The freedom to express one's self goes both ways, regardless of which one seems less abrasive or more ignorant.
Emily, this is quoted directly from Ubranlegands.com
"Virtually everything we do know about Obama's parentage and upbringing, it should be stipulated, comes from the senator himself. Obama told the story of his search to uncover his African heritage in Dreams from My Father (Three Rivers Press, 2004), and shared further autobiographical details in The Audacity of Hope (Crown Publishers, 2006). He spoke at length about his Christian beliefs in a 2004 Chicago Sun Times interview with Cathleen Falsani."
Makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and wonder just how reliable this is if he put it out himself and even they have NOTHING to back up either side of this story.
*sigh* This reminds me of a debate on Facebook, about god knows what, where somebody went off on a tangent and said I look like a 12 y/o boy. I responded by saying "fuck you" and went off on a tirade. Big deal, everyone does it. Yes, that language may not be called for, but that is human nature. When someone attacks you or a cause you believe in, you attack back. And guess what? The conservatives on that site rammed it down my throat that I shouldn't be saying that kind of shit on a political debate. But ya know what, FUCK THEM for thinking it was a good idea to tell me that.
The point applies here. We will all curse when we are passionate about something, and for some of us, curse words are part of our normal every day language. Deal with it.
Ah... a quote from the email that I got "in trouble" for!
It is important, as Americans, as Human Beings... to learn truth - and not just the venom spewed from the mouths of *haters*. Please... everyone is entitled to their opinions, but make yours based on something real - something with foundation. Not just racist words that are spread without thought or regard for the truthfulness (or lack thereof) behind them.
How can people like that follow along so blindly? Open your eyes folks... form your own opinion - based on your own research - based on the truth.
Tired - You say you want proof that his NOT a Muslim extremist. Well, where is your proof that he IS? You are demanding proof for Em’s opinion but offering no proof in return to support your (and Anon's) opinion. It goes both ways.
Emily was correcting someone who was posting things that we already discussed here and decided were false. That leads me to believe one of two things. 1) That Anon just wanted to stir up some drama her here by making an extreme comment like that; or, 2) Anon really has no clue on reality and just spews out information received in a “reliable” email forward that the majority of us ignored as garbage.
ROFMAO AGAIN ... CNN & MSNBC? What sources do they site? BO Again or none? Ironic you picked the 2 most biased democratic news stations on television today (isn't MSNBC the one who publically said the only reason Clinton was able to get this far into the primaries is because her DH cheated on her - do you buy into that too? Not her record, not because she is she is a senator or even a former first lady, but because her DH cheated?? - that shows credibility on their reporting) Let me guess, you refer to fox news for your unbiased republican banter also?? LMAO
You don't have facts either, you have opinions and info from BO himself, that's not factual! Get your information together and show me FACTS not opinions and not put out by BO or his campaign.
You are no better than anyone else here so back to my original point, let people speak their peace without your ugliness. I think it is great you disagree, I think it is great you want to debate, even without credible informaton, but I for one am SICK of your name calling and nastiness (that's my real point here, not rather the info is correct or incorrect as you would like to change this too). I realize you may have pent up anger from your real life and I am sorry for that, but this is NO place for it - do you treat people in real life like this? I doubt it - give us all a break and stop being so nasty to people who disagree with you.
As I showed you earlier, even the sites you quote specifically say there is no proof, only his word, which is no better than the word of others you are degrading and critisizing.
Why is it so important that you FORCE your opinion onto others??
Why can't she state her thoughts and opinions here without you trying to bully her and others to your way of thinking and beliefs. Why is it okay for you to call someone who believe something other than you, names? This is exactly what is wrong with our world today - if you don't agree with the bullies, you get beat up, and that is just wrong - you maybe be mean and loud, but you can't shut us up with your nasty crazy ranting and name calling.
Just out of curiosity and since you were so concerned about how she raises her kids, is this what you teach your kids to do ... not debate, instead call names and hurl accusations???
Dawn ... keep asking her for proof of her research, she has yet to show it. So far, it appears she is just as guilty of believing her opinions based on herown racist/bigot beliefs.
The point really isn't who believes what, its the ugliness spewed from her finger tips because someone believes something other than what she wants them to, so she is gonna belittle and name call until they either side with her or don't come back here to debate.
Andrea, thanks for point out "We will all curse when we are passionate about something, and for some of us, curse words are part of our normal every day language. Deal with it." but the curse words ARE NOT the problem being discussed, the bulliness and name calling are the issue being discussed.
Shannon - I have said I don't agree with Anon and my point was NOT about the validity of the statements (or to question the higher ups here that decided it was false earlier - guess I missed that vote! LOL), but to ask her to STOP beating up people with different opinions than hers. My issue is not with BO or what was posted on either side, only to get her to stop shoving her opinions down others throats.
I made the comparison to her lack of facts, just as she is accusing other of lacking facts. Plain and simple, neither one has facts, they have opinions and her's is no better than others.
Again, my only point is the name calling, drama induced nastiness is just pointless and ugly. No one gets anywhere in life by refusing to listen to others and trying to shut them up with bulling them into agreement.
Briefly...the MSNBC says, A spokesman for Indonesia's Ministry of Religious Affairs said claims that Obama studied at an Islamic school are groundless.
"SDN Menteng 1 is a public primary school that is open to people of all faiths," said the spokesman, Sutopo, who goes by only one name. "Moreover, he studied earlier at Fransiskus Assisi, which is clearly a Catholic school."
The Vice Principal of the school as well as one of his former teachers are also mentioned.
"My view" that I'm trying to shove down everyone's throat is that spreading a lie that SEVERAL biased AND unbiased sources have shown to be false is not a responsible thing to do. I'm going to walk away now b/c it's become quite obvious to me that I could give you God Himself to tell you that it is untrue and you would still think it is a biased opinion.
I've never been called a bully before so that's a new one. You can base your thoughts of me on this thread if you like. You'd be wrong, but that's just my opinion, LOL. I don't even know who you are, just some silly screen name. But whatever...it my point got lost long ago...
ummmmm I dunno who you are either, other than a screen name (**giggle, maybe you are not as popular as you think?) at any rate, people call you a bully, perhaps not to your face, but they do call you a bully based on several of your posts, not just this one.
Again, I am done debating the BO info you post - it clearly has no factual basis. You are mean spirited and you call people names to try and bully them into your way of thinking or get them to shut up and to encourage others NOT to post their opinions if they differ from yours. If you need PROOF and FACT of that, see your original post.
You do not appear to be a nice person, and I hope pointing this out, makes you think prior to your attacking someone else like this and I really hope you don't teach your children to treat others like this, in person or on line.
Maybe he's not a Muslim right now but he WAS a practicing Muslim. His early education was in Indonesia in a Madrassa and most of those schools are financed by the Saudi Arabian government. Both his birth father and his step father were or are also Muslim. Everything I just said is a FACT!
Why the lack of a background on this man? Sure he may attend Trinity United Church of Christ but he's not a regular.
Why is it up to me to prove to some of you who BO really is, why hasn't he PROVED who he really is?
You can call me uneducated which is far from the truth, at least my heads not stuck in the sand and I'm not afraid to speak the truth, even if it's not popular.
Why the need to be so open to liking this man? Why?
I still can't believe he's come this far in his campaign.
If that man gets elected there's going to be thousands and thousands of soldiers rolling in their graves.
Where is stormy when we need her to lock some dang post.Oh shit wrong place! Like Dawn said this is really getting nowhere. All I am hearing is blah blah blah ;)
Please lets carry on........
Lets talk about the SUPER BOWL ......................... How about those PATS!!! hee hee hee xoxoxoxo ~Peace Out Chicas~
It must be true because an ultra-conservative mag TOTALLY doesn't have a reason to "stretch the truth" if it means that the conservative candidates look better to the masses. They are SUCH an unbiased source of information!
FYI- everyone has a right to their opinions, but if their opinions are based on falsehoods and xenophobia, then I also have the right to call them on their complete jackassery.
FYI#2- Being Muslim does NOT equal being a member of a religious extremist group intent on bringing down the US. My god, it's the second-largest religion in the world, and one of the fastest growing. Also, most Muslims aren't even from the Middle East, where a lot of the fundamentalist groups (which you can't even call Muslim as they go against many of the principles of the religion) have emerged.
It must be true because an ultra-conservative mag TOTALLY doesn't have a reason to "stretch the truth" if it means that the conservative candidates look better to the masses. They are SUCH an unbiased source of information!
**** The exact same thing could be said for BO, doesn't he have even more reason to stretch (hide) the truth?
43 comments:
This should be a good discussion. ;)
Unfortunately there is a large percent of the population who feel the same way, but don't always say so. Some people are just firm believers in "women's work" and "men's work"(regardless of the changing times).
There are many countries with female leaders, and they don't appear to be in shambles. I would love to see a woman as president in my lifetime.(although I have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton will be that woman.)
I don't agree with her assessment that a woman can't run this country. There have been many influential woman in history and present day that have ruled and done a great job.
However saying that, I do think the individual who made the comments she was lucky or whatever for having 2 boys and was probably raising sexist boys was uncalled for IMO....
I think we all are exposed to comments when we post, but our families should be off limits. Again JMO...
I agree with you that it is indeed retarded, and can't see why sexism should be viewed as acceptable b/c it's "just someone's opinion" or "being old-fashioned", but racism, which is essentially the same thing (judging a group of people based on something beyond their control) is not.
How is saying a women won't make a good president any different/more acceptable than saying that a black man shouldn't be president? Or a latino?
I woman maybe able to run the government. But definately not THAT (Clinton) woman... I won't vote against her because she's a woman, simply because I don't like any thing she stands for. :)
I don't think a woman president would be good for our country, not right now, especially not Clinton. We have way too much shit to work on before we get the first woman president. Just my opinion, and it is America... so I'm entitled to it.
As a side note.. I can't remember who said it... but there have been ALOT of influential woman in our time, but if America was ready for a female president, then maybe females should fight in war. Yes, they go to Iraq and Afganistan. Yes, they do sometimes get injured. But, at the end of the day... they aren't allowed to literally "fight" for America or engage in battle. Why the hell would I want a woman president running this country AND control of our military?
I think women can do anything they want to, but I know that I don't want a woman running this country anytime soon. Of course I'll tell my daughter that she can be anything she wants to be, because hopefully when that day comes there will be more overall acceptance for a woman in power.
I hope all that made sense, although it wasn't very well written.... short on time, but wanted to add my two cents!
If you feel so strongly, then why post anonymously?
My understanding it that it's not the lack of desire that keeps them from fighting, it's the system that they belong to that keeps them from fighting. I don't think it lessens them or their efforts because they aren't on the 'front lines'. They can still wind up as casualties in the war. They still miss out on family, holidays and the comforts of home.
I hope there is a day when we can have woman for president. I also hope that the good ol' boys won't try to shut her down, probably to prove some point, so that she can be effective. I don't think Hillary is that woman though.
You said, and I quote:
"As a side note.. I can't remember who said it... but there have been ALOT of influential woman in our time, but if America was ready for a female president, then maybe females should fight in war. Yes, they go to Iraq and Afganistan. Yes, they do sometimes get injured. But, at the end of the day... they aren't allowed to literally "fight" for America or engage in battle. Why the hell would I want a woman president running this country AND control of our military? "
I was the one who said that there has been alot of influential woman in history. Having said that, I don't make the decisions on who fights and where in war, so that has nothing to do with my reasons. I agree that if a woman wants to have the same rights as a man than she should be able to step up and fight too! Im all for it! So your reasoning went NO WHERE with my comments. My Sil served a tour in Iraq and feared for her life daily when she was sitting up top in a cravan being shot at, worried about road side bombs just like the guys next to her. Maybe I should share with her she "Literally wasn't allowed to fight" and her gun was for decoration, oh and lets not forget my neice is on her second tour too.
The person who said "call me old fashioned" was out of line. It sure is old fashioned, and it sucks that there are many ppl who feel that a woman could not be president, just for the fact that she has a vagina.
That is diff than saying THAT woman shouldn't be prez, or that a woman shouldn't be prez right now b/c of what's going on in the world.
The poster that called her sexist was correct, and I agree with her assessment. It may be a low blow, but its right on.
All that being said, if Hillary is the Dem nominee, she will be getting my vote, b/c I think she can do a better job than any of the Republican candidates (unless that candidate is Ron Paul). :) In the primary, she won't be getting my vote.
Didn't this same woman basically blame Hillary for Bill's infidelity b/c she wasn't at home where she belonged? That's what I heard and if it's true then...wow.
I don't dislike Hillary. (Whoever has been doing her makeup works miracles!) But I'm not sure if I want her to be president. Just like I don't dislike Obama, but frankly the two of them are fighting like petty children.
I am too tired to debate on anything about politics right now. But I have to agree with MrsJar about women in the military. I do not want to tell my 22 yr old cousin that she means and/or has meant nothing over in Iraq for her tour.(over a year) I cringed at the pics she sent to all of us with those big oozies (however ya spell it) and let me tell you when we did not get the phone calls her parents and all of her fam were praying and hoping that she was alive and well.
So Anon; please do not put down women they may not go into full combat but they are serving their life to make your a better one.
I may not support the war I most def support the troops!!!!!!!!!!
PS my hubby is military
To me the most RETARDED concept I've ever heard of is even considering voting for a man named:
Barrack Hussein Obama
No, I'm not prejudice I'm a freaking realist. Wake up America!
All of our candidates suck but don't put a man that was raised and schooled as a Muslim extremist in office! He's a wolf in sheep's skin!
The Muslin Extremist have always said they'd take us out from the inside. Wake up you smart ladies!
Are you fucking SHITTING me Anon? And the fact that you say you aren't prejudice is only half right- you are probably only 50% prejudice, but 100% stupid.
Oh yes....Obama is a part of some massive Muslim conspiracy to bring down the US. 'Cause, you know, all Muslims are extremists who want to blow America the fuck up. Hey, did you know that Pamela Anderson is also part of this? She was secretly kidnapped the last time she crossed the American/Canadian border, her implants removed and replaced by explosive devices, which will detonate the moment Obama gets into office to take out Los Angeles.
Anonymous said...
"To me the most RETARDED concept I've ever heard of is even considering voting for a man named:
Barrack Hussein Obama
No, I'm not prejudice I'm a freaking realist. Wake up America!
All of our candidates suck but don't put a man that was raised and schooled as a Muslim extremist in office! He's a wolf in sheep's skin!
The Muslin Extremist have always said they'd take us out from the inside. Wake up you smart ladies!"
You are a fucking idiot. And yes, I can say that b/c you obviously haven't done any research. Hell, you haven't even read the Obama posts just from this blog! You ARE a racist, no matter what you may think. He is not a Muslim and was not brought up as a Muslim extremist. And even if he was Muslim...SO WHAT! Do you know anything about what it means to be a Muslim??? No. Why? Because you're a racist idiot. Do your fucking homework before you start spouting your ignorant and hateful lies.
I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet, but I think its EXTREMELY exciting that we have a female candidate and a man of color as candidates. Our country prides itself on being a melting pot, why do all of our presidents have to be white males?
I think it's great, great, great! May the best man or woman win.
so much for an open debate ... if you disagree with someone say so, but have enough respect for freedom of speech to save the name calling and ugliness - everyone has right to their opinion, the fun comes in the debate not showing your ignorance in name calling.
I want to apologize for my language, but IMHO that kind of bigoted ignorance warrants the harsh language. I also want to correct that perhaps Anon is not a racist (though I'm guessing likely), but in fact a bigot. And it scares me that my daughter will still have to grow up in a world where people like Anon roam freely and spread their hatred. This smart lady will be bringing her up in a loving and educated household.
Emily - what scares me is people of your age and name calling - does that teach your daughter anything?
I would clean up "my own backyard" before picking at others, so to speak. Let her speak her peace - I don't agree with it either, but is HER opinion and she is free to it. Just because you disagree doesn't make your position any stronger with name calling - no one is gonna respect your opion, nor are you going to win anyone over to your "side" or opinion and really, isn't that the point of a educated debate?
tired of your sillyness said...
"so much for an open debate ... if you disagree with someone say so, but have enough respect for freedom of speech to save the name calling and ugliness - everyone has right to their opinion, the fun comes in the debate not showing your ignorance in name calling."
I'm going to assume some of that was directed at me. I have full respect for freedom of speech (hence my freedom to call her a fucking idiot) but with that freedom comes responsibility and consequences. Anon posted blatent lies about BO and as a consequence, I called her a bigoted idiot. Her statements were indeed ignorant and while I possibly could have chosen different words, the fact remains that she chose to freely post bold faced lies. There is no debate when the basis of one side is fabricated bigoted lies. Just my thoughts...
Oh, and my decision to apologize for my harsh language was done before your post, just so people know. They were approved at the same time, I guess.
ROFLMAO @ Emily. If she is wrong with what she said about BO why not show us proof? Your response is more ignorant than her original post and has just as little "proof" to back up what you are saying .. FYI - as far as her reading what was posted here, I hate to break the news to you, but just 'cause someone posts here, does NOT make it truth. Do your OWN research. From what I have read, what she posted is true - SHOW ME I AM WRONG!! Don't just get angry because you disagree and not back it up with proof. I often find ignorance is exposed with anger like yours.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html
I've done the research...here's your ignorance for you:
Urbanlegends.com
Associated Press with quotes directly from BO.
Laugh all you want, I did the research.
Thanks anony. That says it is false, but offers no proof, who publishes that sight? Are they unbiased or are they biased? You certainly cannot tell by reading it. As is seen on this website and many, many others, anything can and is published on both sides of any arguement, I am looking for proof positive.
My point is simply this. Anyone can read and believe and repeat what ever they want. Nothing is 100% accurate on the internet, not even our beloved and trusted national news chains.
No one should be belittled for their beliefs. We all have the right to say what we have read, seen, heard and believe, without the nasty name calling of angry bigots with no facts to back them up.
What is it that you are looking for as proof? What reference or web page would be considered a reliable source by you? And what aids you in your determination of a sources validity?
The freedom to express one's self goes both ways, regardless of which one seems less abrasive or more ignorant.
Emily, this is quoted directly from Ubranlegands.com
"Virtually everything we do know about Obama's parentage and upbringing, it should be stipulated, comes from the senator himself. Obama told the story of his search to uncover his African heritage in Dreams from My Father (Three Rivers Press, 2004), and shared further autobiographical details in The Audacity of Hope (Crown Publishers, 2006). He spoke at length about his Christian beliefs in a 2004 Chicago Sun Times interview with Cathleen Falsani."
Makes you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and wonder just how reliable this is if he put it out himself and even they have NOTHING to back up either side of this story.
I guess I am a bigot towards ignorant people who spread lies b/c they are too lazy to find out beforehand if it is fact or fiction, LOL.
If people want to perpetuate their own ignorance then they should be prepared to be called on it.
:o)
I could have sworn I included this one as well, but guess not:
CNN.com
Here is another article at MSNBC.com as well.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess that much has been established so far. :)
What's sad is that some people base their opinion on erroneous information and supposed facts.
The rest don't do any research at all and their opinions are just based on their own racist/bigot beliefs.
If Emily wants to call someone a fucking idiot, then that's her right. I'm sure she did her research!
*sigh* This reminds me of a debate on Facebook, about god knows what, where somebody went off on a tangent and said I look like a 12 y/o boy. I responded by saying "fuck you" and went off on a tirade. Big deal, everyone does it. Yes, that language may not be called for, but that is human nature. When someone attacks you or a cause you believe in, you attack back. And guess what? The conservatives on that site rammed it down my throat that I shouldn't be saying that kind of shit on a political debate. But ya know what, FUCK THEM for thinking it was a good idea to tell me that.
The point applies here. We will all curse when we are passionate about something, and for some of us, curse words are part of our normal every day language. Deal with it.
Ah... a quote from the email that I got "in trouble" for!
It is important, as Americans, as Human Beings... to learn truth - and not just the venom spewed from the mouths of *haters*. Please... everyone is entitled to their opinions, but make yours based on something real - something with foundation. Not just racist words that are spread without thought or regard for the truthfulness (or lack thereof) behind them.
How can people like that follow along so blindly? Open your eyes folks... form your own opinion - based on your own research - based on the truth.
Tired - You say you want proof that his NOT a Muslim extremist. Well, where is your proof that he IS? You are demanding proof for Em’s opinion but offering no proof in return to support your (and Anon's) opinion. It goes both ways.
Emily was correcting someone who was posting things that we already discussed here and decided were false. That leads me to believe one of two things. 1) That Anon just wanted to stir up some drama her here by making an extreme comment like that; or, 2) Anon really has no clue on reality and just spews out information received in a “reliable” email forward that the majority of us ignored as garbage.
ROFMAO AGAIN ... CNN & MSNBC? What sources do they site? BO Again or none? Ironic you picked the 2 most biased democratic news stations on television today (isn't MSNBC the one who publically said the only reason Clinton was able to get this far into the primaries is because her DH cheated on her - do you buy into that too? Not her record, not because she is she is a senator or even a former first lady, but because her DH cheated?? - that shows credibility on their reporting) Let me guess, you refer to fox news for your unbiased republican banter also?? LMAO
You don't have facts either, you have opinions and info from BO himself, that's not factual! Get your information together and show me FACTS not opinions and not put out by BO or his campaign.
You are no better than anyone else here so back to my original point, let people speak their peace without your ugliness. I think it is great you disagree, I think it is great you want to debate, even without credible informaton, but I for one am SICK of your name calling and nastiness (that's my real point here, not rather the info is correct or incorrect as you would like to change this too). I realize you may have pent up anger from your real life and I am sorry for that, but this is NO place for it - do you treat people in real life like this? I doubt it - give us all a break and stop being so nasty to people who disagree with you.
As I showed you earlier, even the sites you quote specifically say there is no proof, only his word, which is no better than the word of others you are degrading and critisizing.
Why is it so important that you FORCE your opinion onto others??
Why can't she state her thoughts and opinions here without you trying to bully her and others to your way of thinking and beliefs. Why is it okay for you to call someone who believe something other than you, names? This is exactly what is wrong with our world today - if you don't agree with the bullies, you get beat up, and that is just wrong - you maybe be mean and loud, but you can't shut us up with your nasty crazy ranting and name calling.
Just out of curiosity and since you were so concerned about how she raises her kids, is this what you teach your kids to do ... not debate, instead call names and hurl accusations???
Dawn ... keep asking her for proof of her research, she has yet to show it. So far, it appears she is just as guilty of believing her opinions based on herown racist/bigot beliefs.
The point really isn't who believes what, its the ugliness spewed from her finger tips because someone believes something other than what she wants them to, so she is gonna belittle and name call until they either side with her or don't come back here to debate.
Andrea, thanks for point out "We will all curse when we are passionate about something, and for some of us, curse words are part of our normal every day language. Deal with it." but the curse words ARE NOT the problem being discussed, the bulliness and name calling are the issue being discussed.
Cathy - thanks for seeing the point!
Shannon - I have said I don't agree with Anon and my point was NOT about the validity of the statements (or to question the higher ups here that decided it was false earlier - guess I missed that vote! LOL), but to ask her to STOP beating up people with different opinions than hers. My issue is not with BO or what was posted on either side, only to get her to stop shoving her opinions down others throats.
I made the comparison to her lack of facts, just as she is accusing other of lacking facts. Plain and simple, neither one has facts, they have opinions and her's is no better than others.
Again, my only point is the name calling, drama induced nastiness is just pointless and ugly. No one gets anywhere in life by refusing to listen to others and trying to shut them up with bulling them into agreement.
Sorry if I haven't made that clear.
Briefly...the MSNBC says, A spokesman for Indonesia's Ministry of Religious Affairs said claims that Obama studied at an Islamic school are groundless.
"SDN Menteng 1 is a public primary school that is open to people of all faiths," said the spokesman, Sutopo, who goes by only one name. "Moreover, he studied earlier at Fransiskus Assisi, which is clearly a Catholic school."
The Vice Principal of the school as well as one of his former teachers are also mentioned.
"My view" that I'm trying to shove down everyone's throat is that spreading a lie that SEVERAL biased AND unbiased sources have shown to be false is not a responsible thing to do. I'm going to walk away now b/c it's become quite obvious to me that I could give you God Himself to tell you that it is untrue and you would still think it is a biased opinion.
I've never been called a bully before so that's a new one. You can base your thoughts of me on this thread if you like. You'd be wrong, but that's just my opinion, LOL. I don't even know who you are, just some silly screen name. But whatever...it my point got lost long ago...
ummmmm I dunno who you are either, other than a screen name (**giggle, maybe you are not as popular as you think?) at any rate, people call you a bully, perhaps not to your face, but they do call you a bully based on several of your posts, not just this one.
Again, I am done debating the BO info you post - it clearly has no factual basis. You are mean spirited and you call people names to try and bully them into your way of thinking or get them to shut up and to encourage others NOT to post their opinions if they differ from yours. If you need PROOF and FACT of that, see your original post.
You do not appear to be a nice person, and I hope pointing this out, makes you think prior to your attacking someone else like this and I really hope you don't teach your children to treat others like this, in person or on line.
Pulease....Emily is the furthest thing in the world from a bully.
She has her opinion.
You have yours.
Be done with it and quit trying to get in the last word.
http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/Obama_2.htm
Maybe he's not a Muslim right now but he WAS a practicing Muslim. His early education was in Indonesia in a Madrassa and most of those schools are financed by the Saudi Arabian government. Both his birth father and his step father were or are also Muslim. Everything I just said is a FACT!
Why the lack of a background on this man? Sure he may attend Trinity United Church of Christ but he's not a regular.
Why is it up to me to prove to some of you who BO really is, why hasn't he PROVED who he really is?
You can call me uneducated which is far from the truth, at least my heads not stuck in the sand and I'm not afraid to speak the truth, even if it's not popular.
Why the need to be so open to liking this man? Why?
I still can't believe he's come this far in his campaign.
If that man gets elected there's going to be thousands and thousands of soldiers rolling in their graves.
Where is stormy when we need her to lock some dang post.Oh shit wrong place!
Like Dawn said this is really getting nowhere. All I am hearing is blah blah blah ;)
Please lets carry on........
Lets talk about the SUPER BOWL .........................
How about those PATS!!!
hee hee hee xoxoxoxo
~Peace Out Chicas~
Ahh....Insight Magazine....
It must be true because an ultra-conservative mag TOTALLY doesn't have a reason to "stretch the truth" if it means that the conservative candidates look better to the masses. They are SUCH an unbiased source of information!
FYI- everyone has a right to their opinions, but if their opinions are based on falsehoods and xenophobia, then I also have the right to call them on their complete jackassery.
FYI#2- Being Muslim does NOT equal being a member of a religious extremist group intent on bringing down the US. My god, it's the second-largest religion in the world, and one of the fastest growing. Also, most Muslims aren't even from the Middle East, where a lot of the fundamentalist groups (which you can't even call Muslim as they go against many of the principles of the religion) have emerged.
OMG! the only thing I learned from reading all yall's posts are "everyone has a right to their opinion" then ya blast each other for it.
Gotta love election year! :)
PenetangJudy
Gotta love being Canadian. We just pick the biggest dork, put him in office and be done with it.
Jadis said...
Ahh....Insight Magazine....
It must be true because an ultra-conservative mag TOTALLY doesn't have a reason to "stretch the truth" if it means that the conservative candidates look better to the masses. They are SUCH an unbiased source of information!
****
The exact same thing could be said for BO, doesn't he have even more reason to stretch (hide) the truth?
Post a Comment