I'm all for being nude - WITH MY HUSBAND - but certainly not in front of my teenage son!
Thoughts?
21 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Their son (did she mention an age) masturbates in front of everyone??? WTF?
Is her location in the US? I know that sounds silly - but maybe the level of nudity she is describing is acceptable in other countries? To me that just doesn't seem right.
I am very very comfortable with my body and nudity in my home. DH and I walk around nekkid all the time...that being said... when my son was born we automatically began to cover up more. No words were spoken it was just understood that our bodies are ours and it was time to be a bit more private.
I just cant beleive that she let's her SON masturbate in front of the whole darn family. Then for her daughter to get into the mirror and look at her Vagina....WTF ??
I'm open to nudity in front of my husband but never the kids, this kinda NUDITY is to far for me!
Where was this post , i would of love to have seen all the responses!
She is from Canada, and her son is 5 & daughter is 3.(If I found the correct post).
Every family has to decide what is appropriate for them on the nudity issue. IMO....for a boy to masterbate at this age in front of people and on privacy should not be encouraged. I understand there is a level of curiosity but why encourage it? I'm not prude , and would never get upset at dd's if they were curious about their bodies. I would begin to wonder if they walked around with a mirror at 3 to check out their vagina's. Again this is just my opinion for what I would think is appropriate for my family. To each their own I guess...
Yeah, how old is the boy that he is masturbating from morning wood but they have to tell him to do it in private??? How old are boys usually when they are curious about self pleasure? I really don't know.
DH likes to come home and strip to dis boxers, but DD is almost 9 mos and he knows that's no longer acceptable and puts his Adidas shorts on.
There's nothing wrong with nudity, but I don't think it's appropriate in front of your adolescent children, KWIM?
Whoa!! The post doesn't mention the age of the son...or maybe it did but I couldn't get past masturbating on the couch or parents bed (((GAG))).
Honestly, I don't even know what to say. I find the whole scenario (ocean nudity swimming and all) completely inappropriate. I guess I'm a prude like that, lol.
In a perfect world, "yes" nudity, openness, Utopia, being one with mother earth (only reason I can think of for inviting phytoplankton to swim up my who-who?!?) sounds great, wonderful even. Unfortunately it only works when everyone is in happy nakie land, otherwise you just look like freaks that missed the social "filter" bus.
*Be naked with your husband, not your teenage son/daughter just my .02 :)
I didn't think 5 year olds even masturbated....and in bed with their parents, or in the company of thier parents, I'm sorry that is just wrong. Being open obout sexuality is a good thing, talking about things, you don't want to put sex in a closet, but there is a time and a place for everything and I think the author of that post needs to know that before the CAS is knocking at her door.
Maybe the reason the kid is jacking off is because she is walking around naked. (DING DING!)
I stopped walking around nude when he started walking which was 1 year. Little boys do get boners from seeing that stuff. It's instinct! Let me tell you I hate the "Girls Gone Wild" commercials! My son loves them though!
I am not worried about hurting feelings, that is JUST WRONG!
My opinion is that how are they teaching these children proper boundaries at their ages? They are goin to go to school (soon if the boy is 5 if he isn't already) and have to interact with other children.
Do they know what is appropriate when? Since the children cannot ask for privacy now why subject them to it? How will they know that its ok to ask for privacy?
Its great that they have taught their children the proper name for things---Kudo's as most parent avoid the issue entirely.
I personally am not comfortable in the nude at all. I'd rather have my clothes on, but my husband isn't that way and thats fine since its just us. When kids come into the picture then he'll stop runnin in the boxers only I am sure.
I think there are somethings sacred in a husband/wife realtionship and the body is one of them.
It's actually VERY common for very young children to masturbate- even infants. Some children learn early that they can get pleasure by touching themselves a certain way, and aren't aware of social norms which say that it is not to be done in public.
The WORST thing you could do when you discover your child masturbating is to tell them that it's wrong or not to do it- that's a really great way to give them a complex and make them feel guilty. The best way to approach it is to say that it's a private thing and a lot of people do it- and if they want to do it to go to the bathoom or their own room where they can do it in private. Which I think is what the OP is doing- saying that it's okay that he touches himself, but it's not okay for him to masturbate in the livingroom, in front of people, etc.
I also have no issues with a 3 year old being curious about her own body. In fact, un my undergrad I took a course called "Human Sexuality", and our "homework" after the first class was to get a mirror and take a look at yourself down there, because most women have no clue what they look like. Hey, it's your own body- you should be able to take a peek if you want to!
I have a problem with the part in her post where she says
"when they are uncomfy we will change our nudity level"
I'm sorry but what the heck is that, you are the parents!!!!! They might never get 'uncomfy' and you are all just going to be naked together so when your teenage son comes out of his room in the morning with his morning erection to sit at the breakfast table that is going to be okay.
Her son is 5 and no one on that thread batted an eyelash at her post. I felt odd reading it too. I guess my views are different about being nude in front of children. If it's a baby, that's different.
I think once they become 'aware' then it's definitely time to cover up, if not before, but then I've never been a nude kind of chick.
I don't think that telling your son that he needs to go to a private place is encouraging him to do something 'bad'. It's teaching him boundaries without shaming him for something that is natural. Though, she says he frequently does it and that sounds different than 'normal' curiosity. But I'm not expert.
Wow. I am not against nudity but I think that maybe there are some boundaries that have been crossed here. It sounds like they may all sleep naked in the same bed since he is masturbating away his morning wood in their bed. I have a problem with that and am not so sure that is a healthy situation.
And I just had to add OMG Andrea and Judy agreed. LOL
21 comments:
Their son (did she mention an age) masturbates in front of everyone??? WTF?
Is her location in the US? I know that sounds silly - but maybe the level of nudity she is describing is acceptable in other countries? To me that just doesn't seem right.
I am very very comfortable with my body and nudity in my home. DH and I walk around nekkid all the time...that being said... when my son was born we automatically began to cover up more. No words were spoken it was just understood that our bodies are ours and it was time to be a bit more private.
By no means am I a prude, but that whole post made me uncomfortable.
*shudder*
To each his own, I guess.
I just cant beleive that she let's her SON masturbate in front of the whole darn family.
Then for her daughter to get into the mirror and look at her Vagina....WTF ??
I'm open to nudity in front of my husband but never the kids, this kinda NUDITY is to far for me!
Where was this post , i would of love to have seen all the responses!
She is from Canada, and her son is 5 & daughter is 3.(If I found the correct post).
Every family has to decide what is appropriate for them on the nudity issue. IMO....for a boy to masterbate at this age in front of people and on privacy should not be encouraged. I understand there is a level of curiosity but why encourage it? I'm not prude , and would never get upset at dd's if they were curious about their bodies. I would begin to wonder if they walked around with a mirror at 3 to check out their vagina's. Again this is just my opinion for what I would think is appropriate for my family. To each their own I guess...
I am right there with you Dawn...
Yeah, how old is the boy that he is masturbating from morning wood but they have to tell him to do it in private??? How old are boys usually when they are curious about self pleasure? I really don't know.
DH likes to come home and strip to dis boxers, but DD is almost 9 mos and he knows that's no longer acceptable and puts his Adidas shorts on.
There's nothing wrong with nudity, but I don't think it's appropriate in front of your adolescent children, KWIM?
Whoa!! The post doesn't mention the age of the son...or maybe it did but I couldn't get past masturbating on the couch or parents bed (((GAG))).
Honestly, I don't even know what to say. I find the whole scenario (ocean nudity swimming and all) completely inappropriate. I guess I'm a prude like that, lol.
In a perfect world, "yes" nudity, openness, Utopia, being one with mother earth (only reason I can think of for inviting phytoplankton to swim up my who-who?!?) sounds great, wonderful even. Unfortunately it only works when everyone is in happy nakie land, otherwise you just look like freaks that missed the social "filter" bus.
*Be naked with your husband, not your teenage son/daughter just my .02 :)
I'm just gonna' be diplomatic and say "their family, their beliefs."
I didn't think 5 year olds even masturbated....and in bed with their parents, or in the company of thier parents, I'm sorry that is just wrong. Being open obout sexuality is a good thing, talking about things, you don't want to put sex in a closet, but there is a time and a place for everything and I think the author of that post needs to know that before the CAS is knocking at her door.
I saw that post yesterday too.
Obviously everyone is entitled to do what they consider "right" for their family but I was uncomfortable with aspects of it as well.
As Dawn said, to each their own...
Maybe the reason the kid is jacking off is because she is walking around naked. (DING DING!)
I stopped walking around nude when he started walking which was 1 year. Little boys do get boners from seeing that stuff. It's instinct! Let me tell you I hate the "Girls Gone Wild" commercials! My son loves them though!
I am not worried about hurting feelings, that is JUST WRONG!
My opinion is that how are they teaching these children proper boundaries at their ages? They are goin to go to school (soon if the boy is 5 if he isn't already) and have to interact with other children.
Do they know what is appropriate when? Since the children cannot ask for privacy now why subject them to it? How will they know that its ok to ask for privacy?
Its great that they have taught their children the proper name for things---Kudo's as most parent avoid the issue entirely.
I personally am not comfortable in the nude at all. I'd rather have my clothes on, but my husband isn't that way and thats fine since its just us. When kids come into the picture then he'll stop runnin in the boxers only I am sure.
I think there are somethings sacred in a husband/wife realtionship and the body is one of them.
Wow. O. M. G.
WTF is wrong with ppl? Yeah, to each his own and all that shit, but seriously!
No matter what age, masterbating on your parents' bed or on the couch is gross!
I really have no further comment, I'm just in awe of what other ppl think is appropriate.
It's actually VERY common for very young children to masturbate- even infants. Some children learn early that they can get pleasure by touching themselves a certain way, and aren't aware of social norms which say that it is not to be done in public.
The WORST thing you could do when you discover your child masturbating is to tell them that it's wrong or not to do it- that's a really great way to give them a complex and make them feel guilty. The best way to approach it is to say that it's a private thing and a lot of people do it- and if they want to do it to go to the bathoom or their own room where they can do it in private. Which I think is what the OP is doing- saying that it's okay that he touches himself, but it's not okay for him to masturbate in the livingroom, in front of people, etc.
I also have no issues with a 3 year old being curious about her own body. In fact, un my undergrad I took a course called "Human Sexuality", and our "homework" after the first class was to get a mirror and take a look at yourself down there, because most women have no clue what they look like. Hey, it's your own body- you should be able to take a peek if you want to!
I guess I'm a prude, as I don't even get naked in front of DH! I couldn't imagine getting naked in front of my child(ren).
I'm surprised at how many people supported the OPs question of being naked with their child of an opposite sex.
I have a problem with the part in her post where she says
"when they are uncomfy we will change our nudity level"
I'm sorry but what the heck is that, you are the parents!!!!! They might never get 'uncomfy' and you are all just going to be naked together so when your teenage son comes out of his room in the morning with his morning erection to sit at the breakfast table that is going to be okay.
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this??
Judy--for once I agree with you.
I would love to see the responses this got on FF.
As an aside, this makes me think of when Mrs. God said that her and her daughter sit around all day "nakey." And we all flamed her for that.
WTH? Was that really a post?
I've never heard anyone talk like that before. I'm shocked and disgusted.
Her son is 5 and no one on that thread batted an eyelash at her post. I felt odd reading it too. I guess my views are different about being nude in front of children. If it's a baby, that's different.
I think once they become 'aware' then it's definitely time to cover up, if not before, but then I've never been a nude kind of chick.
I don't think that telling your son that he needs to go to a private place is encouraging him to do something 'bad'. It's teaching him boundaries without shaming him for something that is natural. Though, she says he frequently does it and that sounds different than 'normal' curiosity. But I'm not expert.
Wow. I am not against nudity but I think that maybe there are some boundaries that have been crossed here. It sounds like they may all sleep naked in the same bed since he is masturbating away his morning wood in their bed. I have a problem with that and am not so sure that is a healthy situation.
And I just had to add OMG Andrea and Judy agreed. LOL
Post a Comment