Friday, February 8, 2008

By request.... Friday Fucktard #2


Damn those formula feeding mommies! SHAME on you for feeding your kids that RAT poison! UGH!
Someone smack this woman into reality please! Do these people think that what they are saying is NOT offensive to someone else? Does she honestly feel like she is not going to stir the pot with a post like this? Or maybe she's totally uneducated? Thoughts?

12 comments:

Amms said...

She is a pot stirrer. I was on the November '07 boards with her.

Anonymous said...

How can you live 40+ years and still be THAT ignorant? She gives BFing Moms a baaaaad name.

Cathy A said...

I don't know the poster. But is the cheaper formula really that much worse than the name brand stuff?

Plant Girl said...

I had to quit BF'ing when my little one was about 9 months old due to supply issues. I started her out on Enfamil but after a month I switched to a store brand. The store brands are not much different. They contain the same ingredients (or very similar) and have to go through the same quality control testing as the name brands. The only thing that is different is that the formula has a slightly different texture. My engineer husband told me it's b/c the process the name brand formula companies use to make the texture "grainy" in an attempt to dissolve better is rather expensive.

My pediatrician recommended using the store brands. Said there was NO difference in quality.

Flying Monkeys said...

I was going to walk away from this one because I am having a bad day and this just kicks me my happy zone.
I do not have to defend why I formula feed my baby but I will. I attached that stupid mechanical piece of shit machine to my tinies every 3 hours for 9 months. I cluster pumped regularly to maintain what little supply I had, what a fun little party that was. By the time his 10 weeks in the NICU passed, he was quickly approaching the amount of breast milk I could provide. By 3 months old, he passed it. I drank and ate, and didn't drink and eat, all the vile tasting crap they say will make your milk production increase. Guess what, it didn't work.
He also has a hole in his heart and nursing made him weak. So weak he'd need to be tubed for the next 2 feedings because they couldn't rouse him. When he did attempt, he didn't have the strength to get an entire feeding out so he would have to be supplemented anyway. Yes, I could have demanded that he only be put to the breast in the NICU and at home, but he'd probably still be in the NICU. And you know what, a healthy, growing, strong baby was more important to me then my desire to be successful at breastfeeding. So I pumped until my tinies felt like they were going to fall off and the drops dried up, and then I sobbed as I turned in my pump because of the guilt I felt for failing. So don't tell me I didn't fucking try hard enough. I could have reached into the computer and ripped heads off every time I had a mom tell me I should have tried more. Are you serious? Thanks for the support.
Don't judge me because you assume I didn't give it the old college try. Shove your head up your judgemental ass and watch as my once formula feed preemie 2nd grader who reads at the 7th grade level, has no allergies and has an undeniable bond to his momma, annihilates your kid at life. Know that I'll be beaming with pride as his premature brother follows in his footsteps.
I love, comfort, protect, clothe, bath, play with, house and feed my children. They know it, they feel it and there is not question anyone who knows us knows it as well. If you want to judge me because I chose his health over worrying about what some stupid bitch is going to say about how I need to get them their nourishment, then have at it. Go have yourself a nice fucking day day and know that if formula feeding is the worst offense I rack up as a parent I'll wear it like a badge of honor. Fuck off!

I also want to add that not all of the moms on the BFing boards are so harsh, a lot are though and now I avoid it like the plague. Some NICU moms do get their babies to BF, I couldn't. And lastly as long as a mother is doing what is best for her child and her family what business is it of yours whether she breast feeds or formula feeds? If you breast feed that is great, it is 'best' but be grateful you can because for some women it isn't a possibility.

Penetangjudy said...

I went and read the entire thread after Amber said she should win the award this week.

Even the bf'ing women didn't support her in her rant, one woman asked her what the air was like up there on her pedistal.

No one owes anyone a f'ing explantion of why or how they decided to feed their child. She needs someone to give her a slap and tell her to mind her own damn business.

Cathy you're right, formula is formula, since people are questioning that fact it is obvious the advertising works.

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

(((((Hugs)))) to Jess.

sasafrass97 said...

Yeah, I had to post the "troll spray" on her ass! I've heard there was some drama on the Nov 07 boards b/c of her. I thought it was funny that she was posting on a breastfeeding board obviously hoping to garner support for her asinine post and the bfing moms tore her a new one! Flying monkeys, enduring that pump for 9mos is an INCREDIBLY huge accomplishment! I only pump once a day and i hate it. I don't know what i'd do if I had to do it full time. And yes Andrea, she is giving bfing moms a bad name. What a wretch.

OVADUE said...

If this is all *that* woman has to worry her little nugget of a brain over, then let it be.

She should just worry about her kids, not anyone else's.

Andrea said...

The debate rages over generic vs. brand name. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! That was really rude of her to post that arrogant spiel. All the "no offense" disclaimers in the world couldn't cover her ass.

sasafrass97 said...

Yes, there is someone on the formula board who is a pediatric nutritionist? and everyone is always asking her for formula advice. She has said, if i'm not mistaken, that generic is just as good as name brand. If I was formula feeding, i'd be buying in bulk from Sam's!

Jadis said...

Jess- you're the fucking man! You don't ever have to justify why you made the decision that you did- you did FABULOUS, and should be damned proud.

Yeah, this chick obviously needs a hobby if she is worrying THAT much about what other people are feeding their kids. I always laugh at the "breast is best" police who feel that they have the right to judge others because they can boobfeed their kids when others can't (or don't have the desire to). I'm damned sure that once my kid is in school with their kid, no one is going to ask which ones were breastfed and which ones weren't.