Thursday, March 13, 2008

Friday Fucked Up Post


This post was sent to me because it seems a bit odd that this poster ISNT excited about her pregnancy. I don't have the rest of the thread to go by, but the poster seems to be a bit ungreateful here. Don't you think?

13 comments:

Plant Girl said...

How can you say she sounds ungrateful if you don't know the full story?

What if she has a condition that makes being pregnant a horrific time, one in which she prays everyday for some magical way to fast forward to labor and delivery?

What if she's been pregnant cycle after cycle after cycle and has no living children? Not everyone is given the ability to be naive and think that a pregnancy will automatically end in a baby in 9 months. Perhaps she is shielding herself due to past heartbreak.

After repeated losses, it's difficult to get excited sometimes about a pregnancy. EVEN IF YOU ARE GRATEFUL AND WANT A BABY MORE THAN ANYTHING. And if you've experienced serious complications during pregnancy, you don't dance a jig every morning.

I think you should cut her some slack unless you know the story.

Annie said...

I kind of get the impression that she might've had losses before (I cant explain why though) and maybe she means that she'd cautiously optimistic, but just isnt explaining how she feels well.

It does seem a bit oddly worded..anyone know where the post is? Id like to see if she really has had losses or a hard time, or maybe explained better somewhere else.

Lisa said...

I'm going with PPs -- sounds like a MMC issue to me. :( It makes me sad that she can't be happy to pregnant due to whatever reasons.

Colleen said...

I don't know, I'm feeling the same way now. Though I'm very grateful that after 5+ years I'm finally pg I'm still very worried that something will happen. Especially after having an ectopic 6 months ago. I can totally understand what she is saying and where she is coming from if she has had losses before.

Cathy A said...

I'm with the other pps here. Sounds like she's too afraid to be happy at this point.

And... congrats Colleen!!!!!!!! =D

Jadis said...

I also get the impression that she may have had previous losses or complications- which can definitely suck the joy out of a BFP. Of those I know who have had recurrent losses, they usually don't let themselves become to "attached" to a pregnancy until they are more confident that it may result in a baby to take home (they are past the date of their previous m/c, they see a hb, they are out of the first trimester, etc.)

Colleen- congrats!!!!!!

Kara said...

With all due respect, this poster does have 5 other children, and no comments on any losses.

However, there is a small chance that you ladies are right

Unknown said...

I was thinking that more history was needed. I was guessing that either she had had multiple losses, or that she already had "enough" kids.

Considering Kara's post, I'm guessing the latter.

She did say, "hooray."

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you read the entire post - you will see that she got a ++ only AFTER she had AF ... her tests are very light, which probaby mean either a m/c (she has had others) OR an ectopic ... things are not always what they seem in one post, I am sure she is NOT ungrateful, just scared and worried

Anonymous said...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Circles/viewtopic.php?t=1473139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

After reading the whole post, it doesn't sound that she's ungrateful for the pregnancy at all, just unsure that it's a viable one.

Colleen said...

I agree with Dawn. I would be extra wary as well in that situation.

Thank you everyone.

OVADUE said...

Um Hello?!!! you can't say she sounds ungrateful until you have been in her shoes. I get knocked up quite often but it doesn't end in a live birth so I guess I could sound ungrateful also, eh? Most I can expect is a beta to double a few times then go down.

I wish her the best.