Thursday, March 27, 2008

Take your blinders off lady!


So when he's grown, will he live in the same bubble as Mom and Dad, or will they allow him/her to have a bubble of their very own?

10 comments:

MommaBear said...

Seriously? I feel bad for the kid... Anyone know what she was posting this in reference/response to? How did it come up?

Familyofthree said...

Wow, for someone who claims to live life based on the bible the sure do come across as judgmental! But thats ok...because obviously their house isn't built of glass...nor do they live next to any stones...geesh.

Lilly60 said...

No school? No TV? Where will he get his Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll!?! Oh, I know!!! How about from that computer Mommy's typing on :) He'll get better shit off the Internet anyways.

:dumbass:

However, I do feel that it is her right to home-school her child. I don't see a problem with it if they go through the proper home schooling channels and have someone from the state/county school system come in and check/administer tests, regulate syllabuses, and make sure things are on track. I assume that this post is in conjunction to the CA ruling that home-schooled youth must be home-schooled by someone with a degree. That's where her problem lies. If she plans to home-school, she needs get an education or hire someone with a degree to come in and properly teach/oversee the education of her child. Otherwise I think the state can press charges for depriving a child of an education, or something like that, and it's also considered abuse/neglect?!? I'm fuzzy with the laws, so I'm curious to see what others have to say.

KarenMM said...

I found this post in the most interesting of places. It makes me wonder who sent it to you as I only know of one other person who reads that same board as me who reads here and I thought they (the other reader and the writer of the post) were friends.

For anyone that cares, it is on the pg side, in the January 2007 due date boards. The title of the post is CA Moms: Homeschool?

http://preg.fertilityfriend.com/PCircles/viewtopic.php?t=1486259

Cathy A said...

I doubt the child will be allowed to have his own bubble when adulthood is reached at 18.

Just MY two cents.

sasafrass97 said...

I'm all for homeschooling if that's what you want to do. My dd BEGS to be homeschooled and she goes to a good private school! Public school can be BRUTAL! I know, I went to new orleans public schools my whole life and the things i've seen...... Anywho, it does seem like she is wanting to create a bubble for her child and that, imo, will only harm him as he gets older. Life is full of ugly and he's not going to know that and when it's time for him to be on his own, then what?

Anonymous said...

Karen - if you're thinking of me, I didn't send it! I am not really "friends" with anyone in the Jan boards... I haven't even bothered posting there lately.

I did read that post and it made me LMAO... If you want to ensure your child has strong faith, you need to trust in what you teach them. They will make the right decisions if you have established good values in them. Just my opinion. But my kid watches TV and plays with all kids of different kids on any given day, so what do I know?

Flying Monkeys said...

Karen there are lurkers everywhere.

elephantscanremember said...

I understand her wanting him to be raised with morals, values and a strong Christian base. But if he's "secluded" from the world, whom is he to be a light to? If he's only around those that already share his beliefs, how/when is he supposed to share it with those that don't (we are to be a light unto the world, right)? When he gets put into the real world he will be in for a shock!

OVADUE said...

That's all great and good but I see a serial killer in the making that hates women and anything religious.