Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Eat a pineapple and get a BFP!


I can't roll my enough at this post. The poster says that she 'found this out'. Um Where? Oprah? Is it cited in a medical journal? I'd love to see the fact finding data behind this pineapple theory.

15 comments:

Kara said...

HAHAHA. If that were the case, I would have eaten a dozen pineapples, and this cycle wouldn't have ended in a BFN....LMAO

Annie said...

yeah...I wonder why she didnt site where she found this out as well. Makes it seem more fishy.

And yeah, Im mildly allergic to pineapple, but if this was documented medical fact, Id get an epi pen and eat pineapple til I couldnt see straight.

Ida Reilly Dunno said...

Peanuts...... Papayas......... Pineapples........

Peanuts....... Papayas....... Pineapples

In my best cocktail waitress voice

to all my papaya whores *wink wink*

ya whatever~ where do they get this shit!!!!~

Carmen said...

Ugh, this "theory" again? Every so often over the past couple years, the whole pineapple thing comes back in vogue for a few weeks. I have searched and searched and not once have I found any valid research - or even invalid research, short of anecdotes - citing its effectiveness. I honestly think it might have started as a joke and, not unlike the damn "W" pattern, began to be taken seriously.

Lilly60 said...

I think there should be a dumb ass emoticon. It should be as easy as this :dumbass:

Penetangjudy said...

Pineapple is supposed to make dh's stuff taste better for those of you that like that kind of thing :)

Lisa said...

Penetangjudy said...

Pineapple is supposed to make dh's stuff taste better for those of you that like that kind of thing :)

I accidentally discovered that on my own and I can verify that it is true. It makes it remarkably sweet.

Remarkably.

Now it's a running joke every time DH brings home a pineapple or a container of PA juice.

Funny story - related to this PA theory: My brother once worked with a very saucy older waitress. She would flash the dishwashers and such... She came through the kitchen once when my bro was new on the job and said, "Now don't forget to eat your pineapple, boys! It makes your cum taste sweet!"

Bob, not missing a beat, asked if he ate peanut butter, if it would make his cum stick to the roof of her mouth.

Of course her response to my brother was, "I like you..."

KarenMM said...

Pineapple is supposed to make dh's stuff taste better for those of you that like that kind of thing :)

This made me laugh! Thanks!

I've never heard of this pineapple thing... but I've heard about DH supposed to eat bananas to make his swimmers stronger. Never did research on that, so I'm not sure if that is true or not. Also never heard of the papaya thing.

OVADUE said...

Holy Crap! I heard that SEX can get you pregnant also! I am gonna try it!




but seriously Drama, I guess you were also on FF ttc right? Did you not ever get caught up in one of the fads? soy, vitex, real egg whites, maca, b6, instead cups, etc......I can say I tried all of the above and I got pregnant each time using one of those methods.....

TTC is hard enough and the "tips" and "Monthly testimonials" have made TTC a bit more fun and bearable.

Cathy A said...

I like Lilly's idea of ":dumbass:" lol

I'd heard about pineapple supposedly helping too. I don't remember if I asked a medical professional or did some research, but if I remember correctly (it's been a couple/few years)... what I heard or read was that pineapple could actually cause more problems.

I dunno. Regardless. If you have a "miracle" to share, quote the source. =D

sasafrass97 said...

At least she's not shoving vampire repellent up her cha-cha!

OVADUE said...

I think I am going to have some grilled pork chops with pineapples tonight! I am salivating here!

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

She says that like she just invented the wheel or something.

Pffffffffffffffffft.

Kara said...

ovadue - That sounds great! I think I might throw some garlic on that too. HaHaHa

Anonymous said...

If this was the case you freaking idiot, pharmaceutical companies would be putting some major research into getting a BROMELAINE (learn how to spell!) capsule on the market. I love the reference that she doesn't drink caffeine - except for one coffee a day. Then the first part of the sentence is redundant... you drink caffeine.

This is why I hate Fertility Friend (not their fault) but seems to be a big magnet for stupid people shoving garlic up the crotches, giving medical and drug advice to pregnant women, taunting their fertileness (along with their stupidness) to the rest.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS POST TOPS THE PEE CAKE!