I say blog too. I'm already on too many boards and struggle to post and stay up to date on all of them as it is. But perhaps having me as a member isn't a huge concern. ;)
I say boards. That way there wouldn't be any argument about whether a person's post has or has not been published. And we can talk to each other and not just post to you.
Blog. I think message boards will get to bogged down (no pun intended) where as keeping it this way you can keep control over content...not comments, but content!
Love the blog, but I vote board. It's just safer and more private.
Enrollment can be open to everybody, forever or for a week or two.
Anonymous and hidden can be turned off, also the "who's online" feature for those lurkers who wish to remain unseen :)
We could have a photobucket account where anybody could store photos.
Also, boards have PMs. And on invisionfree, Admins CANNOT read them.
We could have lots of fun emoticons :)
We could also have three or four Admins to ensure diversity. I suggest FFD, FFF, Lisa, and myself :) FFD and FFF could maintain their anonymity by using their yahoo addys to register. Admin IPs are never visible, even to other Admins. Just a thought.
Love the blog, but I vote board. It's just safer and more private.
(...)
We could also have three or four Admins to ensure diversity. I suggest FFD, FFF, Lisa, and myself :) FFD and FFF could maintain their anonymity by using their yahoo addys to register. Admin IPs are never visible, even to other Admins. Just a thought.
First of all, I LOVE the idea of a board! Not that the blog hasn't been a HOOT!!! It has. But if others had the same outlet for commenting on the silliness, just think how fun it would be.
I like the idea of open boards, but can see why it would be nice to maintain some privacy as well. The think is, if it's by invitation only there are a few of problems I have seen in this situation before.
1. How do you get an invitation to someone on FF if we know PMs are not Private?
2. How do we control who gets invited? I mean, what if one person invited FF member ABC, and another invited person XYZ, but ABC and XYZ are mortal enemies? I don't know a way to keep it interesting and keep it pure at the same time.
3. There are also "sympathizers" out there. What if we got a mole on the board that shared our posts BACK to FF? It would kind of defeat the privacy function. This happened to another group of ladies that is in the process of defecting from LLL that a friend of mine IRL invited me to join.
Oh, flattered as hell that you'd nominate me as a hypothetical mod, Jean! [blush] I always equate a mod position as one who is supposed to be a "voice of reason." Did you just accidentally call me the voice of reason by suggesting me??? ;)
Karen, sorry, not inclined to enlighten you ;D I'm an Admin on three other boards, though.
Lisa, yes, you are a voice of reason!
Board addy would be posted on the blog. I think FF scanners pick up the word, "board". So no invites via FF. Just through here.
Invisionfree has a "cage" feature where mortal enemies can fight it out without disrupting the entire board, if necessary.
Moles...aye, there's the rub. But there is a solution which I don't care to share here. Simply because if I do, then possible moles will know how to circumvent said solution.
I don't really care. I joined the board Gina mentioned, and am perfectly happy with the blog the way it is. I suspect a lot of lurkers would like to just keep lurking unseen, and that's not really possible on a board.
Don't care either way as long as I'm invited if it goes private. Seriously, since I make it onto pervert row (the front and center of this blog) often... lmao, I want to be able to defend myself when the dollars/tomatoes are thrown.
24 comments:
Blog, keep it the way it is...
I like this, but you have to do what makes you most comfortable!
I vote to leave it the way it is...but that is because I doubt I would be invited to the private boards (insert violin playing pity music):)
That's the point. Everyone would be invited, except for Stormy. Stormy visits me a few times a day. I personally don't care, but others might.
I say blog too. I'm already on too many boards and struggle to post and stay up to date on all of them as it is. But perhaps having me as a member isn't a huge concern. ;)
It's not a concern for me Plant Girl. ;) I say do what you want. Personally, I prefer the blog but it's not my choice.
As long as I can continue to read humorous things, I don't care either way :)
P.S. - Colleen! Long time no see, where ya been?
I say boards. That way there wouldn't be any argument about whether a person's post has or has not been published. And we can talk to each other and not just post to you.
I like it this way.
Doesn't really matter to me, it's your blog. I could go either way.
I am up for anything
Blog. I think message boards will get to bogged down (no pun intended) where as keeping it this way you can keep control over content...not comments, but content!
Here is a place for FF rejects! it's been going for quite a while.
http://kerensalewis.proboards52.com/index.cgi
Love the blog, but I vote board. It's just safer and more private.
Enrollment can be open to everybody, forever or for a week or two.
Anonymous and hidden can be turned off, also the "who's online" feature for those lurkers who wish to remain unseen :)
We could have a photobucket account where anybody could store photos.
Also, boards have PMs. And on invisionfree, Admins CANNOT read them.
We could have lots of fun emoticons :)
We could also have three or four Admins to ensure diversity. I suggest FFD, FFF, Lisa, and myself :) FFD and FFF could maintain their anonymity by using their yahoo addys to register. Admin IPs are never visible, even to other Admins. Just a thought.
I like it the way it is, but it kinda doesnt' matter because I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Whatever you do, add me if you have to! :o)
Ditto karad.
Who is Jean to think that she can be an Admin? ;)
Jean said...
Love the blog, but I vote board. It's just safer and more private.
(...)
We could also have three or four Admins to ensure diversity. I suggest FFD, FFF, Lisa, and myself :) FFD and FFF could maintain their anonymity by using their yahoo addys to register. Admin IPs are never visible, even to other Admins. Just a thought.
First of all, I LOVE the idea of a board! Not that the blog hasn't been a HOOT!!! It has. But if others had the same outlet for commenting on the silliness, just think how fun it would be.
I like the idea of open boards, but can see why it would be nice to maintain some privacy as well. The think is, if it's by invitation only there are a few of problems I have seen in this situation before.
1. How do you get an invitation to someone on FF if we know PMs are not Private?
2. How do we control who gets invited? I mean, what if one person invited FF member ABC, and another invited person XYZ, but ABC and XYZ are mortal enemies? I don't know a way to keep it interesting and keep it pure at the same time.
3. There are also "sympathizers" out there. What if we got a mole on the board that shared our posts BACK to FF? It would kind of defeat the privacy function. This happened to another group of ladies that is in the process of defecting from LLL that a friend of mine IRL invited me to join.
Oh, flattered as hell that you'd nominate me as a hypothetical mod, Jean! [blush] I always equate a mod position as one who is supposed to be a "voice of reason." Did you just accidentally call me the voice of reason by suggesting me??? ;)
I say leave it as a blog. I recognize a lot of the posters here from the board Gina mentioned anyway. Feel free to come join us!
MomtoJD - another FF bootee.
Karen, sorry, not inclined to enlighten you ;D I'm an Admin on three other boards, though.
Lisa, yes, you are a voice of reason!
Board addy would be posted on the blog. I think FF scanners pick up the word, "board". So no invites via FF. Just through here.
Invisionfree has a "cage" feature where mortal enemies can fight it out without disrupting the entire board, if necessary.
Moles...aye, there's the rub. But there is a solution which I don't care to share here. Simply because if I do, then possible moles will know how to circumvent said solution.
I don't really care. I joined the board Gina mentioned, and am perfectly happy with the blog the way it is. I suspect a lot of lurkers would like to just keep lurking unseen, and that's not really possible on a board.
Okay after I stop laughing so hard I can type....:)
Lisa a voice of reason? LOL...
Oops did it again ;)
(Hope it's the same Lisa I'm thinking and didn't offend anyone else, where can I go to annynomously nominate me for mod? hehehehe )
**Lurker barging in**
I vote leave it be, so I can read all anonymous-like an shiz.
-cheryl_c2
Don't care either way as long as I'm invited if it goes private. Seriously, since I make it onto pervert row (the front and center of this blog) often... lmao, I want to be able to defend myself when the dollars/tomatoes are thrown.
Same Lisa from FF. LSHarris *Lisa* here! ;) I am SOOOOO easily offended, you know. ;)
Post a Comment