Oh geez, so many things I could say, but there's a little voice in the back of my skull telling me to shut up.
One thing I will say is I absolutely HATE it when some people say things like "We Christians believe --" or "Christians feel that--" because usually it is followed by something that I take great offense to and dont believe in the slightest.
While I don't agree with homosexuality I have decided that it's not up to me. I will let that be sorted out later by God. I can barely keep my own life straight (no pun intended), so I don't care what someone else does with their life.
Oh and on her infertility quote. I pray every night to Jesus and God. I pray to be blessed with another child. I pray to give my son a sibling. I have prayed well over 5 years for this and it hasn't happened. I can not with a intelligent brain cell in my body blame homosexuality for me not having my prayers answered. Maybe it won't happen, wasn't guaranteed a diamond with life, ya know?
Being a Christian myself, I must say that I don't like when others speak for me or on my behalf. That said, I would like to see her statistical data that shows the correlation between infertility and man's tolerance for sin. Where is this post? I would like to ask that question.
I am an atheist and yes I do believe we come from "monkey's". It makes me angry to see posts like this. The lack of tolerance for another persons beliefs. I love how she generalized Christians *rolling eyes* I know plenty of Christians who do not feel the way she does.
Golly gee...so drug-addled crack whores who get pregnant every few months are really good Christians, as evidenced by their fertility?
And if God gave us the capability to love, then He also gave us permission to find it where we need it. Homosexuality is not a disease and doesn't need a "cure."
Ugh... This is the second time I've tried to post and not sure if I will put my foot in my mouth. I believe in God and it hasn't helped my fertility personally. I have struggled for years, hense the age gap in my childrrens age-17,11,2. I think the angle the poster is trying to say is as the level of morality lowers, the exposure to things that affect our fertility increases. I would hope she doesn't mean all who are infertile are inmorale or don't believe enough. That would be irresponsible to say and not true. I am a christian but I would not put myself in a category to say "All" have the same belief. As an individual I have my own thoughts that might not be condusive to others but that is what makes me an individual. The only commonality christians have is the belief in christ , not the doctrine we follow. I think Ani said it best!
First off, there are gross overstatements that need proof. One is exactly what ani said, the other is infertility rates have increased. Is that true, and if so where are the numbers?
Second, I have a hard time believing God would use fertility as a tool to turn people back in his direction. I do think he makes things harder, but infertility....don't think so.
Found this: Currently, in the United States, about 20% of couples struggle with infertility at any given time. Infertility has increased as a problem over the last 30 years. Some studies pin the blame for this increase on social phenomena, including the tendency for marriage to occur at a later age, which means that couples are trying to start families at a later age. It is well known that fertility in women decreases with increasing age, as illustrated by the following statistics:
* Infertility in married women ages 16-20=4.5% * Infertility in married women ages 35-40=31.8% * Infertility in married women over the age of 40=70%.
Nowadays, individuals often have multiple sexual partners before they marry and try to have children. This increase in numbers of sexual partners has led to an increase in sexually transmitted diseases. Scarring from these infections, especially from pelvic inflammatory disease (a serious infection of the female reproductive organs, most commonly caused by gonorrhea) seems to be in part responsible for the increase in infertility noted. Furthermore, use of some forms of the contraceptive called the intrauterine device (IUD) contributed to an increased rate of pelvic inflammatory disease, with subsequent scarring. However, newer IUDs do not lead to this increased rate of infection.
I think there are environmental factors, as well. But I do NOT believe that God is punishing us with infertility. Duh...if His word is, "Go forth and multiply" there is a contradiction right there.
And, actually, the rate of women over 40 giving birth has increased.
Uhm...then would this person like to explain to me...WHY...my sister who is shacked up with a guy got pregnant while on the pill, while drinking and smoking, not attending church, and basically just "going with flow?"
YET...why I who have been married for 10 years, goes to church every Sunday, takes communion, and knows very well my own sins can't get pregnant?
Yes...I love it when people are so arogant...especially someone who doesn't realize that an Athiest and an Agnostic aren't the same....
The post is on the Dec2006 Moms board...it has since been eggbotted.
It started as a simple conversation about who voted for who in the primary...and then descended into this.
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone would even think of linking infertility rates with belief in "Jey-Sus"- this and other ramblings lead me to believe that this person is seriously uneducated. This is the same women that said that all Muslims hated the US and wanted to blow them up, and that a woman doesn't belong in the whitehouse (no, not Andrea- there was another person idiotic enough to make that statement).
I also love how she considers herself a spokesperson for all of christianity. And people wonder how those stereotypes are developed...
I am a Christian and I think yes, we did come from monkeys...I think [most] homosexuals don't have a choice and I also think that she should SHUT UP!!!!
She cannot speak for "Christians" when she doesn't know what she is talking about.
I went and found the thread this came from. Started out very nice then turned bad quickly.
I've had issues with her before. And I was surprised how nice she seemed in the beginning and not surprised at all when I found out she was the one posting.
She is very strong in her beliefs and won't back down. I stay away from her on MGC as she tires me out!
Lord...I hate it when bigoted idiots claim themselves Christians. I have a term for them - Hypachristians. I have several friends who are gay AND Christian. She probably thinks that's not possible since she seems to think being an athiest and an agnostic is the same thing. All together now in a group eye roll...1,2,3 ->
Barb, It isn't necessarily that they're STUPID, but that their church leaders and educators only preach and teach their own narrow, limited worldview. So, yes, "uneducated" does come to mind.
I saw a show on "Jesus Camp" and OMG, it was FRIGHTENING how children were indoctrinated at very young ages. Their heads were filled with crap about how only the "saved" would go to Heaven, everybody else was doomed to Hell, that every word in the Bible was gospel, that evolution was WRONG, etc etc.
Scary as shit. I am a "Christian" in that I'm "not Jewish" but I belong to a nice civilized Episcopal church. Where my dc was baptized by a lesbian priest and everyone in my family had the grace not to act perturbed, if in fact anyone was.
Now the creationists are trying to explain the dinosaurs :eyeroll: GMAFB. The Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. The Bible is 6000 years old. I honestly don't understand how their minds work. Or why, if the Bible says to "Love one another", they DON'T.
That poster is a stupid whore. I see that she's getting divorced. Perhaps her DH left her for another man? Regardless, he obviously couldn't stand her either. So sad.
I've tried to construct a response to this post several times today and kept getting too pissed off to write anything that didn't include several curses. I agree with Karen on considering the source and with Jennifer on her choice of descriptive words. While I think her displays of jackassery are award worthy, I still wish her family the best in the times they have ahead of them. From what she says it's not going to be easy and her pedestal may just crumble. I hope her boys aren't standing too close when it happens.
28 comments:
Where is that?
Oh geez, so many things I could say, but there's a little voice in the back of my skull telling me to shut up.
One thing I will say is I absolutely HATE it when some people say things like "We Christians believe --" or "Christians feel that--" because usually it is followed by something that I take great offense to and dont believe in the slightest.
I agree with Ani... I don't like the generalizations of "we Christians" or "Christians feel"
This post is just insane. But where did it start from? I want to read how it got up to this point.
While I don't agree with homosexuality I have decided that it's not up to me. I will let that be sorted out later by God. I can barely keep my own life straight (no pun intended), so I don't care what someone else does with their life.
Oh and on her infertility quote. I pray every night to Jesus and God. I pray to be blessed with another child. I pray to give my son a sibling. I have prayed well over 5 years for this and it hasn't happened. I can not with a intelligent brain cell in my body blame homosexuality for me not having my prayers answered. Maybe it won't happen, wasn't guaranteed a diamond with life, ya know?
Being a Christian myself, I must say that I don't like when others speak for me or on my behalf. That said, I would like to see her statistical data that shows the correlation between infertility and man's tolerance for sin. Where is this post? I would like to ask that question.
I am an atheist and yes I do believe we come from "monkey's". It makes me angry to see posts like this. The lack of tolerance for another persons beliefs. I love how she generalized Christians *rolling eyes* I know plenty of Christians who do not feel the way she does.
Where is this?
I am a Christian and find this entire post to be written by a judgmental bigot. Way to really make stupid statements under the banner of Christianity.
Where is this thread?
I am a Christian and find this entire post to be written by a judgmental bigot. Way to really make stupid statements under the banner of Christianity.
Where is this thread?
Golly gee...so drug-addled crack whores who get pregnant every few months are really good Christians, as evidenced by their fertility?
And if God gave us the capability to love, then He also gave us permission to find it where we need it. Homosexuality is not a disease and doesn't need a "cure."
OK, I'll shut up before I go too far.
Ugh... This is the second time I've tried to post and not sure if I will put my foot in my mouth.
I believe in God and it hasn't helped my fertility personally. I have struggled for years, hense the age gap in my childrrens age-17,11,2. I think the angle the poster is trying to say is as the level of morality lowers, the exposure to things that affect our fertility increases. I would hope she doesn't mean all who are infertile are inmorale or don't believe enough. That would be irresponsible to say and not true.
I am a christian but I would not put myself in a category to say "All" have the same belief. As an individual I have my own thoughts that might not be condusive to others but that is what makes me an individual. The only commonality christians have is the belief in christ , not the doctrine we follow. I think Ani said it best!
Whatever....that is all I have to say. Actually....I really don't know what to say.
Wow....talk about a flame starter!
First off, there are gross overstatements that need proof. One is exactly what ani said, the other is infertility rates have increased. Is that true, and if so where are the numbers?
Second, I have a hard time believing God would use fertility as a tool to turn people back in his direction. I do think he makes things harder, but infertility....don't think so.
Found this:
Currently, in the United States, about 20% of couples struggle with infertility at any given time. Infertility has increased as a problem over the last 30 years. Some studies pin the blame for this increase on social phenomena, including the tendency for marriage to occur at a later age, which means that couples are trying to start families at a later age. It is well known that fertility in women decreases with increasing age, as illustrated by the following statistics:
* Infertility in married women ages 16-20=4.5%
* Infertility in married women ages 35-40=31.8%
* Infertility in married women over the age of 40=70%.
Nowadays, individuals often have multiple sexual partners before they marry and try to have children. This increase in numbers of sexual partners has led to an increase in sexually transmitted diseases. Scarring from these infections, especially from pelvic inflammatory disease (a serious infection of the female reproductive organs, most commonly caused by gonorrhea) seems to be in part responsible for the increase in infertility noted. Furthermore, use of some forms of the contraceptive called the intrauterine device (IUD) contributed to an increased rate of pelvic inflammatory disease, with subsequent scarring. However, newer IUDs do not lead to this increased rate of infection.
I think there are environmental factors, as well. But I do NOT believe that God is punishing us with infertility. Duh...if His word is, "Go forth and multiply" there is a contradiction right there.
And, actually, the rate of women over 40 giving birth has increased.
Oh, and weight is also a factor in IF. Being under- or overweight can affect your chances of conceiving.
Can't say God is responsible for that, either. It's genetics and what you eat.
That poster is an uneducated dumbass, IMO, spouting nonsense that she was apparently force-fed. Probably by a pastor who is a closet homosexual.
Where is this post anyway? Was the thread removed?
Uhm...then would this person like to explain to me...WHY...my sister who is shacked up with a guy got pregnant while on the pill, while drinking and smoking, not attending church, and basically just "going with flow?"
YET...why I who have been married for 10 years, goes to church every Sunday, takes communion, and knows very well my own sins can't get pregnant?
Yes...I love it when people are so arogant...especially someone who doesn't realize that an Athiest and an Agnostic aren't the same....
The post is on the Dec2006 Moms board...it has since been eggbotted.
It started as a simple conversation about who voted for who in the primary...and then descended into this.
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that someone would even think of linking infertility rates with belief in "Jey-Sus"- this and other ramblings lead me to believe that this person is seriously uneducated. This is the same women that said that all Muslims hated the US and wanted to blow them up, and that a woman doesn't belong in the whitehouse (no, not Andrea- there was another person idiotic enough to make that statement).
I also love how she considers herself a spokesperson for all of christianity. And people wonder how those stereotypes are developed...
UUUUUUUUUUGHHh
It kinda cracks me up that she got sunglasses faces in her bible quotes though. ;)
And evolution DOES NOT SAY WE COME FROM MONKEYS and it DOES NOT SAY THERE IS NO GOD! Why are people so stupid?
I am a Christian and I think yes, we did come from monkeys...I think [most] homosexuals don't have a choice and I also think that she should SHUT UP!!!!
She cannot speak for "Christians" when she doesn't know what she is talking about.
I went and found the thread this came from. Started out very nice then turned bad quickly.
I've had issues with her before. And I was surprised how nice she seemed in the beginning and not surprised at all when I found out she was the one posting.
She is very strong in her beliefs and won't back down. I stay away from her on MGC as she tires me out!
Lord...I hate it when bigoted idiots claim themselves Christians. I have a term for them - Hypachristians. I have several friends who are gay AND Christian. She probably thinks that's not possible since she seems to think being an athiest and an agnostic is the same thing. All together now in a group eye roll...1,2,3 ->
Barb, It isn't necessarily that they're STUPID, but that their church leaders and educators only preach and teach their own narrow, limited worldview. So, yes, "uneducated" does come to mind.
I saw a show on "Jesus Camp" and OMG, it was FRIGHTENING how children were indoctrinated at very young ages. Their heads were filled with crap about how only the "saved" would go to Heaven, everybody else was doomed to Hell, that every word in the Bible was gospel, that evolution was WRONG, etc etc.
Scary as shit. I am a "Christian" in that I'm "not Jewish" but I belong to a nice civilized Episcopal church. Where my dc was baptized by a lesbian priest and everyone in my family had the grace not to act perturbed, if in fact anyone was.
Now the creationists are trying to explain the dinosaurs :eyeroll: GMAFB. The Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. The Bible is 6000 years old. I honestly don't understand how their minds work. Or why, if the Bible says to "Love one another", they DON'T.
That poster is a stupid whore. I see that she's getting divorced. Perhaps her DH left her for another man? Regardless, he obviously couldn't stand her either. So sad.
~JenniferP
I've tried to construct a response to this post several times today and kept getting too pissed off to write anything that didn't include several curses.
I agree with Karen on considering the source and with Jennifer on her choice of descriptive words.
While I think her displays of jackassery are award worthy, I still wish her family the best in the times they have ahead of them. From what she says it's not going to be easy and her pedestal may just crumble. I hope her boys aren't standing too close when it happens.
Wow... This comes to mind--> WTF?
Everyone else has said my thoughts. Why is it that uneducated morons always have a shit-stirrer handy???
BITCH!
Post a Comment